The following privacy statement applies to the Ostralos website and should be read in conjuction with the general TERMS AND CONDITIONS of use. By viewing and using this Site you will be deemed to agree to the privacy statement. If you do not agree to the privacy statement you should stop accessing and using the Site.
1. Collection: Ostralos may gather two types of information about you from the SIte: (a) personal information, provided by you at the time of voluntary registration for the services Ostralos offers, and (b) aggregate information generated by Ostralos systems, which track traffic to the Site but do not relate to you personally. Failure to provide necessary personal information when requested my result in certain services not being available to you.
2. Disclosure of Information: Ostralos may disclose: (a) any information that Ostralos gathers about you to third parties for the purposes of providing you with additional services, (b) aggregate tracking information and other information that does not personally identify you, to third parties, (c) your personal information to third parties, when Ostralos believes in good faith that Ostralos is required to do so by law, (d) your personal information to third parties, provided Ostralos has your prior authorisation, which Ostralos will usually obtain at the time of collecting the information from you.
3. USE: Ostralos uses the personal information it collects: (a) to verify your identity and assist you if you forget your password or login details for any of Ostralos's registration services, (b) to asist in providing the services requested by you, (c) for future marketing, promational and publicity purposes, including to carry out direct marketing, market research and surveys, (d) for ensuring that you are shown the information that is most relevant to you and your interests, and (e) for any other use that you authorise.
4. CONTENT PROVIDERS, ADVERTISERS AND PARTNERS: Ostralos does not control the practices of content providers, partners and advertisers connected with the Site and to who you provide personal information whilst using one of the Site or services. The Site may contain links to other sites, which may not follow the same privacy policies before providing your personal information to any third party.
5. OPTING IN AND OPTING OUT: If Ostralos intended collection, use or disclosure of your personal information is outside the collection, use or disclosure set out in this Privacy Statement, Ostralos will give you the option to: (a) opt out and not receive certain services or participate in certain interactive areas, or (b) opt in to agree to being contacted by Ostralos in relation to certain matters such as the Ostralos customer newsletter, product release announcements, or other promotional activities.
6. HOLDING, CORRECTING AND UPDATION: Any personal information that you provide to Ostralos will be collected and held by Ostralos at its offices. Ostralos offers the ability to correct or change the information collected at any time and as often as necessary.
For information about New Zealand's Privacy Act 1993 and how it protects the personal information of individuals in New Zealand, visit the website of the Privacy Commissioner.